Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Being sent a new SIM

I've had an email come through saying that a new SIM is being sent. I didn't ask for this new SIM and the email shows that I had asked for this new SIM over the phone through customer services which is definitely not the case.

I see now that the new SIM has been sent I have to change to this new one or my old one will be deactivated in 30 days and this is a new SIM not an upgrade /change in my plan or anything. I just want to know if this is an automatic process that you are going through with your customers and just not telling them or has someone actually phoned up and asked for a new SIM under my name.

I've tried getting through with the automatic text number that is now just stuck in a loop and no help.

Any light on this would be of much help or if anyone else has had this happen to them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being sent a new SIM

Hello

This is an automatic process VM are replacing the SIMs to their own from the EE SIMs, the 30 days is for the new SIM, you own SIM will continue to work until VM turn off the old SIMs sometime in the future you will be notified when that is happening.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being sent a new SIM

The 30 days is not for the new SIM. The letter advises that you are supposed to swap the SIM to the new within 30 days of it being sent or the old one stops working.

As you say there will be warnings before that happens though.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos