Menu
Marco5
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Barring sim card

Hi Virgin Media

My household has been a Virgin media customer for +20 years including home phone, tv, and multiple mobile phone contracts of equal length.

Because of the impact of covid lock-down including loss of employment and the subsequent financial changes and restrictions, one mobile phone in this household has had to go pay-as-you-go and I use the phone alongside my Virgin internet during these times.

Rather disappointingly, I have received a warning text that if a purchase is not made my sim card will be barred permanently. (this has never happened before as a Virgin customer in all my years)

It comes off as predatory, extortionate and disrespectful (including the vague terms&conditions) to permanently delete my sim, resulting in losing all the numbers to family, friends and being reached because I am not able to keep purchasing Virgin products during this financial and global crisis, especially having been a loyal household to Virgin. 

I would greatly appreciate help in solving this issue.

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Barring sim card

The PAYG rule is this:

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Marco5
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Forcing people against their own financial budgeting, interest and freedom is corporate extortion, especially during a global pandemic. 

Shame on you Virgin. Shame on you. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

With Variations every network does it. Vodafone are tightening up on PAYG from January.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos