Menu
alxmckeown
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Barred services

Hi

I am a pay as you go customer.

On 16th August I received a text message stating 'Hello, as we haven't noticed any recent activity on this SIM, we'll be barring services in 14 days'. On the same day I topped up some additional credit and made 3 phone calls (visible on your website) to demonstrate that I was using the number. I also raised the issue with you via your online chat on August 16th. I followed up via chat on August 24th and September 1st, at which point I was told that services were already barred, and that there was nothing that they could do to help me. I raised a complaint via your online form on the same day. I didn't receive any confirmation that the complaint has been received.

I don't have a phone to call you with. I'm now unable to do banking or other services, as the two-factor authentication uses my Virgin mobile number. 

For the love of god, will someone please take some responsibility and resolve this for me.

Alex

0 Kudos
alxmckeown
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Barred services

No response to my post on here, I see. Today I called in and spoke to a customer service agent. 

- They could see that I made calls after being warned that my services would be barred. They therefore could not explain why my services were barred. They offered no solution to my services being barred, aside from suggesting I get a new number.

- Since I had no confirmation email when I raised a complaint using the web, I asked if they had a record of the complaint. I was immediately told that they could see the complaint and that it was open, and that someone would resolve the issue for me. Call me suspicious, but I asked them to read me some of the complaint details. I was then put on hold for a while, before being told that they'd made a mistake and could not see any complaint.

- I was promised a call back from a manager named 'Al' within 2 hours. It's been almost 4 hours and no call. 

- I asked for a complaint to be raised, given that they had no record of the one that I raised via the website. I will be taking this issue to CISAS / OFCOM. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Barred services

Hi alxmckeown,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos