Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bank details for Virgin Mobile UK

Hi,

I prematurely deleted by direct debit with Virgin mobile but have an outstanding amount to pay.  I cannot pay via the Virgin mobile website as I do not have my log-in details and to change my password I need a Virgin number which I no longer have.  I do not have any paper bills as I have had e-billing for some time and these bills are stored on my online Virgin account.  I wish to pay the outstanding amount and simply need Virgin mobile UK's bank details to do it.  I cannot get through on the phone and it's costing me a fortune as I a currently abroad.

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bank details for Virgin Mobile UK

I'd wait for them to threaten you with the bailiffs - presumably that letter will tell you multiple ways to pay off the debt. You know, a kidney, an arm, a leg, one of your children...
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

LOL thanks for that 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BevLay 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the final amount due for your contract. I appreciate this would be frustrating when abroad. I'm afraid we aren't able to take or arrange payments here, you will need to call the team on  +44 7953 967 967 and the collections team will be able to take a payment. 

Please let us know if you need any further help, 

Thanks 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"I'd wait for them to threaten you with the bailiffs"
By that point you have already ruined your credit file

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will try that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's what I was worried about really but they are making it very difficult. I'm still not sure why Virgin just can't give me their bank details - I had them at some point as I created the direct debit. They still wish me to ring to make a payment. What's the secrecy all about - any ideas?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you can't create a direct debit. It has to be created by the company. Its not possible to setup a Direct debit yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hollie

Unfortunately, this number is out of service. It rang out the first time and now I just get a voice message saying that the number is temporarily unavailable.

Any other options?

Kind regards.
Bev

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi BevLay,

Apologies. I can access your mobile account for you and if your banking details are still the same then I should be able to reactivate this for you. I'm unfortunately not able to take payments however. If you'd like me to re-enable to direct debit then I've sent you a PM.

IF you have permanently moved abroad and no longer have UK banking details, then this will require a payment by card, which can only be done by phone but you do not have to wait for a live person, the automated system also takes payments if you select the payment option.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos