Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Awful Customer Service

I've been trying to get some help from Virgin and to no avail, when you call customer services, they hang up on you.

We have three numbers on the family bundle, one number is not receiving calls from any non Virgin number, the caller receives number not recognised. This number is used by someone on call in the NHS, if no one can get them people are put at risk and I get no help from customer service apart from take the SIM out and back in again or switch the phone on and off.

I've ordered sims from GiffGaff to replace the Virgin sims should Virgin be unable to resolve this matter by the end of the day.

I am so terribly disappointed in the Virgin service and the response network.

So could someone in Virgin please pick up on this and get it sorted NOW!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Customer Service

Similar problems here, they kept hanging up on my after hours on hold, and the SMS team are even worse, they just give up and let the chat expire so you have to start again 3 days later every time.

The Forum Team on here tried to help me with my issue, but ran in to problems with my account, now it's at a dead end again waiting on Virgin IT which I'm not holding out much hope for.

I really think that (other than the forum team) Virgin literally don't care at all about customers. It all seems to be about this merger now with O2.

Good luck. Hopefully the team on here will be able to help you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever manage to get this sorted @UserNameSecret ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No

I've called, I have recording of the calls, where they have hung up on me. I've been transferred to technical support, which turned out to be a short, fast message, then it disconnected.

I've tried the text message service, each time I explain the issue we get "I'll connect you to our team that can assist you with this." go through it all again and get "I'll connect you to our team that can assist you with this." again.

If it wasn't for the fact that one of the numbers was for an on call NHS person, I would have muddled through. I googled the issue and the conclusion is that the SIM is faulty. You can't get to speak to anyone from the UK and the overseas call centres are limited to the very basic, including hanging up on you, they are expert at that!

We have now ported the two numbers over so we can get the NHS number back on line. I've calculated over 8 hours on support calls (mostly waiting), forums and texts and two letters to complaints (cause the telecoms company doesn't want people to field issues by using telecoms). The Covid excuse dissipated after 4 weeks, if they couldn't get their act together by that time they should pack up and give it to a company that can do it. If I were O2 I would be really looking at how badly they run things before soiling it's reputation taking on a toxic brand.

Seriously, what type of company can't organise itself to provide proper support for customers... the type that loses customers!

I've srittena letter 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi UserNameSecret, thanks for the message and we are sorry for the delayed reply. I have read the post and can see that this is regarding a faulty sim card, can you confirm if you are still having this issue and if we have managed to get the replacement sim out to you? Chris. 

0 Kudos