Menu
PolarKit
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Awaiting stock

So my lovely husband ordered an iPad for me as he could get another line on his account.

On the day he ordered it didn't say anything about it not being in stock etc he got his email credit agreement and promptly signed it, It now says "awaiting stock" in green then a delivery by 20th Oct

I know it isn't that far away at all I'm not complaining about the time frame, I'm just wondering is this a regular occurrence? He said if he had known he would have picked a different iPad for me but I'm grand with the wait…

Did anyone get their awaiting stock phones/tablets before the date given?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awaiting stock

Hi there @PolarKit

Welcome along to our Community - I was sorry to understand that there is a bit of a wait for your new iPad. Usually if it is out of stock, our system won't allow an order to be placed, however, if we do have stock on it's way, it may allow the order to be processed; I am sorry about that.

We have raised this with the website team to have a quick check at what's going on but rest assured, you will get your iPad ASAP. 

Keep us posted - hope you enjoy it when it arrives. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PolarKit
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So now it’s update to 

Ordered – Awaiting Stock

Thanks! Your order is currently being processed at Virgin HQ and awaiting dispatch to Yodel

im assuming this is the exact same as before except they are now telling me yodel are the delivery company 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PolarKit

This would indeed mean we are getting the stock ready for dispatch 

Sorry for any delay in getting this sorted 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
PolarKit
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've just spoken with customer care (as I've just pre-ordered the iPhone 12) and she said that my order for the iPad still isn't in stock and that once it's in stock they will send it.... So my chances of actually getting it on the 20th is looking very unlikely now as I'm Northern Ireland and for yodel 48 hours they would need to already have it now in their possession.

If it's not here on Tuesday I will chase it up, if it's still not in stock I'm most likely going to cancel and get one from somewhere else.

We really should've been told to start this would be a backorder

0 Kudos