Menu
JasonOF
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area reference code

I can’t find my area reference - I’m in live at PH15 2PT - and I need one to set up a my virgin media mobile account. It’s not on my phone bill... please help

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area reference code

Area reference is a cable think not a mobile thing.  It relates to the cable company franchise that originally installed cable TV/Broadband in your street.

One of the forum team should be along soon to confirm, but AFAIK the area code isn't needed to setup a mobile account just TV/Landline/Broadband ones.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area reference code

Hi @JasonOF,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post!

As @SCA1972 stated, you should not need your Site ID to register for a Mobile account. Please take a look here on how to register for a Mobile online account. 

Please let us know if you need any extra help and we're more than happy to provide any assistance you may need.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide