cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iphone and watch fraud against myself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a Parcel delivered by Yodel on 21/06/23.
I was expecting a few small parcels about that time.
I opened the outer box and inside was a new Apple iPhone Promax 14 an Apple iwatch wrapped in small marked boxes. Also a new phone SIM card for Virgin Phones.
My first contact was with the sender.
Spoke to an employee at the senders company who stated clearly it’s a complicated Scam/Fraud.
My next contact was with Virgin Phones.
My next action was to check Credit Card balance, bank accounts as in balance and a check on any D/D’s etc.
Lo and behold in my Barclays current account a new D/D had been set up and because it was a new entry had the status of Pending.
D/D was not Authorised by Myself.
A quick phone call to the Banks Fraud line and reported what had happened any future transactions from Virgin will be Blocked.
A quick call back to the senders company and spoke to the same person as before, he informed to expect a visit from Yodel Parcels as in to collect the parcel which had been left by “Mistake”.

Approx’ 15 Minutes after the phone call there was a knock on my front door, lo and behold someone claiming to be from Yodel.
I challenged the Asian Gentleman and asked to see his I.D.
He stated he had left his I.D. in the vehicle which was parked slightly down the road as in Out of Sight.
I told him no I.D No parcel.Never saw him again. No Loss to Myself.
And after several lengthy phone calls to Virgin Phones help/customer services the goods are parcelled up waiting to be dropped of at a DPD Parcel Shop.

Unfortunately at the DPD Parcel shop the Scanner would not recognize the supplied DPD return label.

I have Valuable goods in my possesion which belong to somebody. I will not be held resposible for Virgins Failures.  

Max.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Max20000,

Thanks for your response again on this thread.

It doesn't appear our team has received any update on this matter however once we or Steven does we'll advise further.

Regards,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Max20000,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of this happening to you and I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back so quickly Max20000 and once again I apologise that this has happened to you.

I have now passed this over to our mobile fraud team and have added all of the information that you supplied in your original post along with the details that you confirmed in our private message conversation and they will be in touch to discuss this further with you as soon as they possibly can.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again Steven L.

Any news on my Case?

Looking forward to you reply.

Ian.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Max20000,

Thanks for your response again on this thread.

It doesn't appear our team has received any update on this matter however once we or Steven does we'll advise further.

Regards,

Kain

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it appears Virgin Media have just submitted a Hard Search on my Credit File affecting my Credit Score.

Thanks Virgin media, not really necessary considering I do not have an account.

What I am getting **bleep** off with is the Bag of **bleep** in my Home as in your Smart Phone and Smart Watch return Package.

REMOVED

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it appears Virgin Media have just submitted a Hard Search on my Credit File affecting my Credit Score.

Rather anoying considering I do not have a Virgin Media Account.

And going off "Customer Service" performance I doubt if I ever will.

What I'm getting very annoyed with is the rather large Returns Package sat in my Home.

The Dustbin is fast becoming the contents Destination.

Hi Max20000,

I am so sorry to hear that your credit file has been affected by this, I completely appreciate the frustrations there.

I would advise to contact our Credit File Amendments Team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk, they will be able to assist in getting the necessary adjustments made.

Kind regards

Beth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Beth_G.

Sent a Message to the supplied Link.

No doubt another waste of time?

Virgin Media really are the Pits.

Hi Max20000,

Thanks for contacting the team. It can take up to 21 days to respond, however they are usually able to reply much sooner than this.

Kind regards

Beth