Menu
Mickb53
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apple Watch 6

Hi,

Does this cellular gps watch work without having to carry iPhone and if so how please?!

...thanks for any help

Mick

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Apple Watch 6

Those that work without a phone require an eSIM and that limits you EE, O2 or Vodafone. But check with them first for your model

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mickb53
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your swift reply.

When I bring up mobile data on watch it says virgin do not currently support Apple watches but I know my iPhone sim is O2 which Apple say along with EE and Vod is supported? It’s definitely a UK watch model. Very confused!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

https://www.apple.com/uk/watch/cellular/

May help 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mickb53
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apple referred me back to Virgin. Virgin say it needs e-sim as you suggested as they are no longer o2 but no idea when in 2021 that is due to happen. Meanwhile I will have to change my carrier, can't believe such a massive business cannot get it sorted until then:(

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin are not O2. That it some time off. They have previously signed a deal with Vodafone for signal from the end part of this year, so nobody knows what happens.

All power to Virgin-Mobile marketing when people see them as  big company, when in truth they are a bit of a minnow and an MNVO. 

With regards to eSIM cards these are new to UK networks. EE are the most established, O2 ESIM don't do 5G at present, Vodafone only started for phones 3 months ago and Three have just put eSIMs on hold. Virgins problem is the way their SIMs have to be produced the do not confirm to eSIM standards