Menu
Ancarra
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any further at resolving Simm swap problems?

Today's Saga filled in form for unlock code to phone Virgin have managed to shut down as new sim not recognised and old sim didn't workUsed form for unlock process which brightly told me it woud text to unworking phone!Help this SIM saga gets worse Tried to email exectesm at Virgin media and address not accepting emails.Have now three dud phones as far as virgin concerned so need to get them unlocked All bought from Virgin originally I am hoping to get three replacement unlocked virgin phones which will accept new sim to use up the credit mi Virgin being extremely elusive Help

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Any further at resolving Simm swap problems?

Hello Ancarra

Sorry to hear this is happening 

Can I first ask 

What 3 phones you have that were purchased from us 

Have you tried the sim in a non Virgin Phone 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Ancarra
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

• Hi Gareth Three phones are  a Nokia  ,Sony Erikson And Samsung GTE2320 Have ieme numbers for all of them It's the newest one or the Samsung E2320 that's been killed off  I havent tried the Sims in a non virgin phone from Asda as it is 2 g and I wanted a reliable network aand I don't dont want to kill that.You could send me one of the phones you are issuing to customers whose phones you've killed so I can try my four replacement Sims.
  •  
  •  
  •  
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Ancarra and my apologies we've not been able to get to you sooner

Can you please advise me if this is still on going or if this has since been resolved? Have we been able to unlock or replace the phones since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Ancarra
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi David No luck getting anything sorted Kept the new useless Sims as far as my phones are concerned Great if you could send me four phones comparable with the Sims you sent so I can use up the credit before it runs out of time and virgin pocket's it.Have no Idea why your unlock codes don't work as three of these phones bought from Virgin over the years plus another one belonging to my husband that is due to be switched off.Total utter shambles .No other mobile company has ever been this bad as far as I can make out Look forward to four free replacement phones!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ancarra

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for the delayed reply. I want to ensure this is fixed for you so I'll send a PM now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ancarra, 

thank you for your post and messages, I am glad we were able to get this ordered for you please let us know when you receive it 

thanks,

Zoiw

0 Kudos
Ancarra
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for message will let you know when phone arriv and if it takes the replacement SIM meant for the Nokia .All my phones now seem to be switched off the network Assume replacement phone is basically unlocked .All my virgin phones not working now Had to buy a cheap Asda one and SIM for emergencies until this dilemma is sorted out As SIM going into a new phone assume don't need the codes as supplied as replacement phone will be geared to 02!!

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The phone will be a virgin locked phone, Please let us know how it goes. I am sorry for any inconvenience 

thanks.

Zoie

0 Kudos