Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Another post re. the "£2 per call" Jam pack.

Hello.

Sadly my first post is a whinge. In fact I registered here in order to vent my spleen having banged my head against a very soundly constructed wall when trying to have a sensible conversation with Customer Service via email (I simply couldn't find a Customer Service email address).

Hence I've written to the two postal addresses that I found (noted below)

I spent an hour on hold waiting to speak to an agent and refuse to repeat that procedure again.

The topic is a well known one and I accept that Virgin Mobile is withdrawing from PAYG (the call agent made that plain when I called) but I very much disapprove of the attitude that Virgin Media have adopted with regard to granting flexibility toward long standing existing customers who have been radically affected by the imposition of the new regime.

By way of an addendum I would say that I found an email address for a senior officer within the group :-   [REMOVED] and have subsequently sent an email there. I did (very promptly) receive a "read receipt" from :-   [REMOVED] so maybe someone will read my note in due course.

Complaints Department,

Virgin Media,

Swansea,

SA7 9ZJ

Copied to :-  

Complaints Department,

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. 

Re.Virgin Mobile PAYG Account. Phone no. *****

Dear Sirs,

Today I received a replacement SIM card fromVirgin Media as part of your programme of “exciting changes” etc. The letter included an “Order Number” as follows :- *****

The letter says that you would have been in touch with me before I received the new SIM, however I had no correspondence prior to receipt and, additionally (significantly) I have had no correspondence about any changes to my tariff.

I called Customer Service on 789 today (with a Voicemail query) and, in conversation, asked for confirmation of my PAYG plan description and pricing structure and was told about the recent changes (JAM PACK) wherein I would be charged a minimum £2 for even just one very brief call.

I now see that I should have been advised of this change last year and would have been given the option to withdraw from the change (by 31st March, I believe) had I been so informed.

I am a very long standing customer and have been with Virgin for many, many years and now find that changes have been imposed upon me with no possibility of withdrawing from the arrangement and am obliged to say I am not happy.

I have a balance of £**** and it would now seem apparent that any call or text I make will cost me £2 each and every time. I have to say that I find this unacceptable and unsatisfactory and, regrettably, I no longer wish to remain a Virgin customer. In view of the fact that I did not receive the appropriate communication that would have explained my options, I respectfully request that you review the situation that I am presented with and retrospectively grant me the option to receive a refund of my balance and close my account forthwith.

I am sorry to have felt obliged to contact you with this matter and look forward to hearing from you at the earliest opportunity. I would have contacted you online via email but, despite much searching, failed to find email contact details, hence the need to write .

Yours faithfully,

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another post re. the "£2 per call" Jam pack.

I note Admin's deletion of the informationm included in the above and acknowledge that if it contravened regulations (as it obviously did) then it shouldn't have been included in my post.

I was a tiny bit surprised, however, as the two deleted items were (a) the email address of a member Virgin Media senior management as was openly published in the public domain and (b) the email address of the Virgin Media Executive Team - again a branch of Virgin Media readily available online. As mentioned I received a "read receipt" straight away from the Executive Team and, today, received a further acknowledgement from the same Team stating that they are in receipt of the communication (which was just a copy of the circumstances of my complaint as published in my previous, first, post) and will examine my complaint and report back in due course.

As my letters to the Complaints Departments at Swansea and Sunderland were despatched by Royal Mail I'm not expecting immediate replies (assuming they reply at all) but I'm hoping that, between the three respective departments within Virgin Media, someone will trouble to look at the circumstances of my issue with them and, maybe if enough people take the trouble to raise their problems with them, might actually do something about the poor service that customers seem to be receiving at the moment.

Of course I realise that Covid is upon us - however yesterday I the called Asda Mobile Customer Service team on 789 and was answered immediately by a UK based agent who dealt with my query straight away with absolutely no fuss, bother or delay. And, I would wish to observe that Adsda Mobile charge 8p per minute - not £2 per call. So if Asda Mobile can offer excellent Customer Servbice AND competetive call rates then the question must be - why can't Virgin Mobile?

Inferno
Up to speed
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Please do yourself a favour and leave this dreadful company.

I am trapped in a contract now and Virgin are driving me mad.
My situation got so silly that I had to go to arbitration to get a decent response from anyone.
But even the Ofcom approved, legally-binding arbitration ruling deadline has been ignored!!!!

This company is an absolute joke, you'll be better off using a cup and string going forward from what I have experienced, because Virgin Mobile can't provide any form of realistic mobile service or customer service (other than the few forum staff who seem to be the only people left at Virgin)

PLEASE, cancel everything and go to Asda Mobile for your own sanity. I have gone nuts with all of this.

By the way you won't get a reply to any of your letters.

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I've been on hold for 29hrs now on live chat waiting to get through to someone, who will no doubt fob me off again, but what can I do but try, and complain to Ofcom again and again.

If you want to do that, it's here - https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

It's dreadful isn't it.

To be honest with you I knew Virgin had gone to the dogs even before I signed up in April, I read all the hilariously bad 1* reviews on Trustpilot
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com
But thought to myself, well.... It's cheap, and "How bad can it be?"

Well holy s___, it has been BAD.

SO many rude agents on the phone, who eventually get fed up and hang up (if they bother to speak at all before hanging up immediately after answering), I've been called a liar, told to "be more patient" after waiting days/weeks for a response, and they have even now ignored a lawyer's ruling to allow me to cancel and get a refund.
All this because they sent me a used, broken phone, and weren't contactable within the 14 day cooling off period allowing my to cancel.

Virgin are genuinely the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life, by a very very long way.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Well, that's a mystery.

I've made two further posts. One mentioning the excellent service I've had from Asda Mobile, and one referring to my (mainly positive) experiences with the THREE network.

And both have disappeared.

How very strange.

You don't think they've deliberately been abstracted for some reason?

Inferno
Up to speed
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yep I read them and can confirm they were there too.  I guess they have been deleted.

Also in other news, my chat has been closed by Virgin after waiting on hold for 28hrs!  GREAT JOB MOBILE TEAM.

2020-08-11_11-59-46.png

I am so frustrated with this company - I can't even believe they are still somehow in business. 

Surely there are laws in place to prevent this sort of thing?!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

"Yep I read them and can confirm they were there too. I guess they have been deleted."     .............

............... Well I'm glad you said that coz, for a moment, I thought I was going mad.

One wonders if the system has an "auto delete" facility to delete stuff that praises other companies - or is it simply the Admin staff browse new posts and manually delete posts for the same reason .... presumably on the instructions of management?

If the latter, it would have been nice to have have received a short note to say my posts have been deleted, along with a very brief outline of what it was that created the disapproval.

We live and learn.

And every day's a school day. And, maybe, today the Headmaster wasn't happy and annotated my work with a disapproving glare.

But I shall not forget to mentionthe above "amendments" to my postings to Mr Schueler's staff in forthcoming correspondence.

It may only be a forum discussing mobile phones but I, for one, don't take kindly to receiving dismissive and disrespectful treatment by a company as significant as Virgin.

(and I 've taken a screenshot of this one in case it, too, goes walkies)

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the forum team will sort this out for you.

Seriously though, you'd be so much better off getting a SIM from Tesco or somewhere else.

I think Virgin are doing away with PAYG anyway.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

"I think Virgin are doing away with PAYG anyway....    ." Yes, clearly they are - the call agent was quite clear on that when we spoke the other day ... she repeated the point more than once.

OK, I accept that - nothing I can do about that ... but what irritates me is that, as part of their withdrawal from PAYG process and in order to provide a disincentive, they've upped the call charges to £2 per call and, in my case, have done so without advising me and having done so refuse to allow me to cancel the account and receive a refund of the funds I've given them.  And I would remind them I gave them those funds at a time when call charges, whilst not especially cheap, weren't unreasonable - unlike the new plan, which IS unreasonable.

I maintain they should accept my request to close the account, refund the balance, let the phone number lapse and allow us each to go our separate ways.  But, no, according to the call agent no refunds will be given..... I must simply spend the balance and let the account lapse and lick my wounds at having been fleeced for calls at £2 each