cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 verson 5 update - now says no SIM card Pixel 4a

Allang
Joining in

Have tried all recommended fixes, don't have another phone to test SIM card.

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Allan,

Apologies, your device has a "Dual SIM" feature where one SIM Card is Physical, and the other is "Digital" - meaning it has the SIM capability directly built into the device itself.

Can you try to reset your Network Settings? You can do this by:

- Heading over to Settings > System > Reset Options.
- Then go to Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Tap "Reset Settings"

This will clear all network settings on your device, including any previously connected networks. So you would need to connect to your Home Wi-Fi again.

Some manufacturers provide support on downgrading your Android version, and I'd recommend speaking directly with Google to discuss the options and fixes for the Pixel devices.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Allang,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the SIM Card on your phone. After taking a look, it does appear that this is an issue directly with the Pixel phone lines and Android update.

Can you please try changing the SIM to the other SIM Slot in the device? Just to clarify, is this a Virgin Mobile, or O2 SIM?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece
Thanks for quick reply, my 4a only has 1 slot. It's a Virgin Mobile SIM.
Allan

Apologies for the confusion on my end, Allan, I didn't realise it was an eSIM Slot instead of a physical SIM - not to worry. As mentioned, it does appear to be a common issue with the recent update across the world.

One of the main fixes that others have found is to optimise the eSIM functionality on the device - however, if you're on Virgin Mobile, we're unable to provide this. If you're on O2, you can request an eSIM.

Can you please try turning on Airplane Mode, then turning this back off again after around 20 seconds? As a final measure, you may need to revert back to the previous version.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reese
Thanks for your help. I'm confused, it's a physical SIM as far as I'm concered I can take it out and I gave it a rub as recommended. I've done Airplane Mode several times with no result. Don't know how to reinstall previous version I'll research that.
Thanks Allan

Hi Allan,

Apologies, your device has a "Dual SIM" feature where one SIM Card is Physical, and the other is "Digital" - meaning it has the SIM capability directly built into the device itself.

Can you try to reset your Network Settings? You can do this by:

- Heading over to Settings > System > Reset Options.
- Then go to Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Tap "Reset Settings"

This will clear all network settings on your device, including any previously connected networks. So you would need to connect to your Home Wi-Fi again.

Some manufacturers provide support on downgrading your Android version, and I'd recommend speaking directly with Google to discuss the options and fixes for the Pixel devices.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team