cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon OTP issues

Student09
Tuning in

Hello, I am not receiving any OTP text messages or phone calls from Amazon. The Amazon helpline is able to call me but whenever a OTP text is sent or via a phone call, I do not receive this. Please advise.

38 REPLIES 38

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Student09,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having receiving OTP messages.

Is this just happening with Amazon or are you having issues with other sites too?

Do you have WiFi calling enabled on your device at the moment? If so, please can you try to remove this and request another message or call.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for messaging Steven. Yes I have turned off WiFi calling. I get Amex OTP text messages as well as normal messages for whoever. It just seems to be Amazon for some reason.

Hi @Student09,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Would you mind confirming what model of handset you have, along with what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've done thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

I have a Samsung S21.

I believe I have deleted all my blocked numbers so no numbers should be blocked.

I contacted Amazon initially and after a hour+ phone calls I don't think it's because of what they are or are not doing because the staff member sent me an email with a OTP and it came through fine. 

WiFi calling is off.

I receive all other texts and phone calls fine.  

Hi @Student09,

Thank you for checking and expanding on this. Have you tried turning on Airplane Mode on the handset, leaving it on for at least 30 seconds, and then turning it back off? This can help to reset the handset's connection to the network, which can help to push through things like this.

If that doesn't help, please try powering off the handset and leaving it powered off for 30 seconds.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Sorry to hijack but the same is affecting me for the past 2 says

Hi Zach. Yep I've tried resetting and nothing changed. I'm going to try my sim on a different phone. If it works, than it might be the phone, if it doesn't than it must be the sim?

I will let you know how I get on. 

Thank you for keeping us posted Student09.

Please do keep us posted on this. 

^Martin

pedromccrag
Joining in

I've also got similar issues getting the Amazon OTP code to send - i've just transferred from vodafone to virgin mobile so very frustrating to learn this seemingly basic capability doesn't seem to work with Virgin mobile.  What causes this?  Looks like this isnt the first time this has happened with other websites as well..

I'm using an iphone8 - I've tried rebooting the phone / airplane mode /switching off wifi calling ..  is there anything else we can try?  what about mobile data network settings?  

any help appreciated..thanks