Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Airtime Top Up

Hi we have an Oomph package which includes a truly unlimited SIM, which my wife uses. Due to a software issue her iPhone keeps mixing up her contact numbers so the phone thinks it is calling Belgium instead of the UK, a known fault. Today she needed to make an urgent call but an automated message told her she had no credit and she could not make the call, quite right too. However she contacted Virgin and despite the fact she has unlimited minutes and her allowances have just been refreshed, she was told she needed to top up her account, which she did to the tune of £20.00. Her account is now in credit, credit which she will never use and she still could not make any calls due to the above fault. Question. How can we get this money back?

I have tried to contact Virgin without success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Airtime Top Up

Common problem with iPhones and Virgin SIM cards

Try the following fix

Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select National mode - you are done, go back to Home screen

You may also have to go into dial assist, select any country but the UK and then when done select UK again

Check stored numbers are then in the correct format.

Can't help with the account side of things, but this should prevent future probems

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Airtime Top Up

Thanks enli,

I have done as you suggested already and I have now switched Dial Assist off, as this has happened before and I checked on here for a fix. I am angry though that Virgin have basically fleeced us out of twenty quid which if they had checked our account they would have realised we didn’t need to pay. 

0 Kudos