Menu
Billr1232
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Air Time Plan Expired. Virgin (Philippines) contradicting their email

I received an email saying the airtime has expired & I have a few options. When I telephoned 25th Nov. I was told that unless I upgrade or pay off my handset, which is a separate contract, & take a new phone I do not have any options?? I questioned this & mentioned the email where I was 'corrected' by this lady & told that some UK customers are confused by the email!! I asked for someone to contact me. No response so on 10th Dec I filed a complaint & asked for a copy of the call recording under Subject Access Request. Virgin states that I will receive acknowledgement within 48 hours. Nothing! Yesterday I called 3 times & asked to speak to a manager/supervisor. 1st Occasion I was cut off 3 times. 2nd call at 11.30am I was informed that I would receive a call within 30 minutes.Nothing. At 13.30 I called again & was told it had been logged & I would receive a call definitely within 2 hours. . . You've guessed it. NOTHING! 

What this has achieved is that I will galvanise all of my efforts to highlight Virgin's abject failures in using a 3rd rate call centre 6,700 miles away. I am prepared to engage a contracts solicitor & start a civil case if this is what it takes. However I will wait the 30 days for them to provide the call recording which is under the ICO's timescales. 

I look forward to hearing your considered response to this abysmal customer service.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Air Time Plan Expired. Virgin (Philippines) contradicting their email

if the call was even reported,. not all calls are recorded and you'll have a hard time proving they recorded the call if they say they don't have it
0 Kudos
Billr1232
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I understand that. However I was assured that it was. It would be very remiss of them to 'lose' this recording. It's also in customer notes which I can access through the same Subject Access Request.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Billr1232

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issues with your mobile contract. 

As per our complaints code of practice  It can take up to 28 days for us to respond to a complaint, whilst we do try and resolve this sooner, its not always a possibility.  

If we are able to assist you further then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Billr1232
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your message.

As I first contacted Virgin on 25th November, 26 days ago I was promised a call back. Incidentally the call back shows in customer notes held by Virgin so perhaps you can enlighten me as to how long for a call back? That would enable you to assist me further.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me, 

I am going to look further into this for you, In order to do so I am going to need to pass DPA, Ill drop you a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos