Menu
kvncln
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Added data for life not transfered to new contract

I had added data on my sim only deal that has not been transfered to my new contract. Can this be added to my account? 

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Added data for life not transfered to new contract

The data/discount promotions are not carried over onto a new plan if you change your plan/contract at anytime ☹️

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yeah.. the lifetime of that contract not YOUR life!

I have 100GB extra a month and £10 discount - I can remove them on my current plan or if I change they are lost.

So sorry but they are lost.. and if VM give it to you back then I want to change to £6 a month sim and have 200GB added back on..

robolots
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, my daughter had triple data for life that says it expires in 2099, it's a bit misleading that it is only for the length of the contract or until you change it. She upgraded her plan and then the data for life didn't transfer over as she thought it would.

Virgin should word it correctly as it is misleading as it is.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

not really misleading. It doesn;t tell you what life. People assume its there life. That doesn't make it misleading. It should be made clear. I assume the T&C way its the life of the contract so that would be classed as welling you as you have to agree to it so EVERYONE READS IT 😛

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ahmedr92
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem but when I upgraded my contract the triple data tariff actually show up as being transferred over to. That’s the only reason I went ahead, I don’t know if it’s a bug in the system or I was mis sold the contract

this is the screenshot of my confirmation once I updated, it clearly says triple data tariff ongoing

232A8A66-09EF-42D8-8474-EEF65A1C3AE1.png

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ahmedr92

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply and the confusion with the tariff.

The promotion would only be valid for the previous tariff I'm afraid. To speak about any offers on the new tariff, please do give the team a call on 789 // 0345 6000 789 and they can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos