Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Add a mobile to existing broadband bill?

Hi there. So I've been a VM Broadband customer for 10+ years and pay my bill monthly by card online. 

My mobile provider is currently O2. I pay my bill online by card. However, their prices are climbing higher and higher and for my next upgrade VM is looking to be a way better choice. However, when I picked a package it tells me it must be paid by Direct Debit.

With O2 I had the same thing, except they told me to just set up the DD, then cancel it before the first payment through my bank and pay online with card. Which was fine.

My question is, could I do the same with Virgin? Can the mobile plan just be added to the Broadband bill I'm already paying by card? 

If not I won't switch, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere and don't feel like being on hold for hours waiting to speak to someone. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Add a mobile to existing broadband bill?

Virgin require a Direct Debit for mobile accounts.

Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media appear to operate like separate companies! You can however change your broadband to an Oomph package which includes a fee SIM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to add. You will need another credit check too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos