Menu
stuartdeane
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Accessing voicemail abroad

Hi - I am in Portugal and have received voicemails but cannot access them despite putting in my pin followed by#. I get a period of silence and then the message "Thanks for calling virgin mobile voicemail bye for now". I come to portugal a lot and have always managed to access voicemails without a problem so why the issue now. I need to access urgently for work. Help!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing voicemail abroad

Hi Stuartdeane,

Sorry to hear you're having problems listening to your voicemails whilst in Portgual.

I'm going to send you a Private Message, please reply to it so I can take a look at your settings.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
lisayoung
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I have exactly the same issue. Please could you confirm what causes this and which settings to check?

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Morning lisayoung

Welcome to our community forum pages and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues accessing voicemail abroad. We can appreciate that this must be frustrating.

Are you able to make calls at all?

Was voicemail also set up prior to leaving the UK? Did this include setting up a voicemail PIN?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
lisayoung
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The odd thing is, I have not been abroad recently, although I also cannot be certain that I have had any voicemails between then and now, so it is unknown how long this problem has been present. I do VPN a lot from my phone, but this should only affect data, not voice comms.

Last night I tried calling my voicemail again. It prompted me for my pin then #. After this, there is silence on the line for maybe ~10 seconds, then the automated voice "Thanks for calling virgin mobile voicemail. Bye for now".

So I dialled it again. After entering my pin#, when the silence happened, I just started pressing numbers randomly. After a short time, the automated voice read back the numbers I was pressing. It then actually led me back into my voicemail menu! From there I could then listen to (and then delete) the voicemail I had.

Although I did then run into a problem the next time I dialled, my pin didn't seem to work (I had not changed it). I called 789 for Customer Services to reset my pin, and I got back in. Now when I dial Voicemail, it works as normal (I get to the menu options straight away after my pin - no silence).

So it now does work, however I cannot be sure what caused this problem to happen in the first place, but if my steps above can help anyone else, then try pressing buttons (not too many!) during the silence!

Lisa

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know it's been sorted for you since Lisa. 

Really sorry this happened in the first place and if you do need further assistance, please let us know. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
garryjw
Just joined
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've just had a similar problem in Germany. In case it helps anyone I've worked out that after you enter your pin and # it is thenexpecting you to enter a new pin followed by # 

If you create a new pin it will then let you access your voicemail. This obviously isn't the best as you will have to choose a new pin as you can't use your existing one.

This is obviously a bug in the voicemail system that needs fixing but until it is hopefully this workaround helps

0 Kudos
LynF1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have a slightly different issue. When I try to access voicemail (in Mallorca) I get a recorded message from Orange saying the number I have dialled is not accessible at this time.  So I have messages I haven’t been able to access for almost 2 weeks!!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi LynF1,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you've been unable to access your voicemails for the last two weeks.

Can we ask what number you are dialing to access your voicemails abroad? For more information about accessing your voicemails abroad check here

Please let us know about the above so we can assist you further. 

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Wilksn
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing voicemail

I’m having the same problem can’t access voicemail says “thanks for calling virgin voicemail bye for now 

0 Kudos