cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access voicemail outside UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm outside the UK and can't access my voicemail, because I didn't know I needed to have set up a PIN before I left. I've spoken to someone at Virgin who is supposed to be sending me a text with a new PIN but it's taking a very long time to get to me. Also, very worryingly for me, as I travel between Northern Ireland (UK), and the Republic of Ireland (not UK), for work very frequently, the person I spoke to on the phone told me that I would need to phone them EVERY TIME I am leaving the UK to set up a totally new PIN for this each time! Can this possibly be true? It seems incredibly inconvenient for someone who travels in and out of the UK like this multiple times every week. Can anyone provide me with info about this - is this really the case or not? If it is, then I will have to leave Virgin mobile again, having only just moved to Virgin one month ago, as this would just simply be far too inconvenient for me.

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi amvla, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am so sorry you have been having issues with your voicemail PIN, you would need to set it up once before you go outside of the UK.

You should not have to do this every time. 

Have you received the text since your post? Let us know and we can sort this out for you.

Zoie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. No, I've still not received the text. The person I spoke to did say that she would phone me back in 2 hours (and that is rapidly approaching now), but I may not be able to answer that call because I will be working, so if you could give me any help that would be great.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply @Anonymous 😊

We just send a text to you, which you can reset your PIN, I am sorry they have not called you back. I can get this sorted for you. I will pop you over a PM. 

Keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie