Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Abroad Unable to connect. Not registered on network

Hi,

Iam in India. I can't receive text messages or call on the phone. It is giving message not registered on network. I have tried switching the phone on and off. Turned roaming on and off through my online account also but that didn't help either. My phone is Samsung S3 Mini. I have tried manually cossing the mobile networks shown via settings on the phone. But no success

I need  help urgently

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abroad Unable to connect. Not registered on network

Hello
Thank for joining in on the forum, we will try the best to get your issue resolved.

You can try the following if you have the newer (last 2 years) purple sim card, you can try the sim tool to get it working,

How to access the sim toolkit.

For Android:
Select Apps from the Home Screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

I do not have Virgin Sim Tool app in my phone although I have purple sim which I got sometime in Jan this year. I tried to find the app on play store but the only ones I am getting are from a company crazy-tech. Installing it shows only the sim info but doesn't give any option to change it.

regards

Arun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't got the icon use the search bar on your apps page

I assume you have Roaming switched ON in your account and International Call Barring switched OFF 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enili,

I was able to get the icon and changed the roaming to International. BUt still no joy. I do have roaming enabled on my account and international call baring is set to no

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Akabre,

Sorry to hear you're unable to roam whilst abroad. I've checked your details and can confirm that  roaming and international call bar are set correctly and have refreshed the setting just to make sure.

Can you restart your phone and see whether it works? I've also had a look at the country list and have the following in case it helps :

VODAFONE ESSAR LTD (HUTCHISON ESSAR LTD (ex-MAX TELECOM LTD PVT) [Mumbai, Andhra Pradesh, Chennai, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh West, Uttar Pradesh East, Punjab, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Orissa]

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

I have restarted the phone but still no luck.

regards

Arun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you try the SIM in a different phone to see if it works? If that doesn't work, we may have to wait until you're back in the UK to run full diagnostics which we're unable to do so at the moment as you're in a different country and not connected to our network so we have limited control. I'm really sorry about this but once you're back in the UK, let us know so we can take another look for you.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos