cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings Virgin Mobile 2022 - Lenovo P2

IanCairns
Joining in

One of our phones, a Lenovo P2, does not get mobile data since joining Virgin Mobile. I have tried various APN settings but none work. Can anyone from Virgin tell me how to get this phone working?

10 REPLIES 10

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Mobile Data. Just to confirm, are your calls or texts affected by the same issue? Is it a new/replacement SIM Card? Can you also confirm the signal strength you currently have when using the handset? You can also use our Coverage Checker here to see if the potential strength.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

These generic Andriod ones should work

Usually, the combined settings are all that is needed 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-settings-for-data/td-p/3597569

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is a new sim card but it works fine in a different phone so I suspect it is the APN settings - it does not receive these from Virgin. Calls an texts are fine but I must say that the call/signal quality on all our phones at home is very poor compared to the service we had previously with Three.

Hi @IanCairns thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding mobile data not working correctly.

Hopefully, the link provided by @enlli helps you in terms of the correct APN settings for the data to use. Has this helped since your original post or are things still not working for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I input the combined APN settings and restarted the phone, but still no mobile data? What do I try now?

I have also tried both APNs on this page https://apn-uk.gishan.net/en/apn/virgin/lenovo-p2

I note that the article says that Virgin can sometimes disallow Lenovo products based on EMEI - is that the case?

Hi IanCairns,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Try this for me - https://www.apn-uk.co.uk/apn-uk-settings/virgin-mobile-uk-apn-settings-for-lenovo-p2

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you John. I have not been able to test these settings. When I open APNs I get a message 'Access Point Name settings are not available for this user'. It does allow me to enter the settings but when I press save the new APN is not there and I get the not available message again. Weirdly, if I fill in just a few of the settings it does allow me to save the APN and it then shows in the APN list. So I have saved down as far as MMSC but that still doesn't give me mobile data. Which are the minimum settings I can use for mobile data - it seems to be the end ones that are disabling the APN saves?

This is all very odd and a nuisance. I have done a factory reset on the phone and mobile data previously worked perfectly on Three. Thanks for your help.

Hi IanCairns,

I'm sorry to hear this did not help and you're still having issues.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can look into this further with you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth