cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£660 to fix my Samsung screen?!!

Guesty74
Joining in

Hi, I sent my Samsung A21s off to Virgin, hoping for a repair. I had dropped it, quite a few months ago, but was managing, with the hairline cracks & pink tinge to the screen. The phone got worse & then a blank screen. It has taken over a week, between reporting it, receiving a box for postage & hearing back from Virgin. First email today, from virgin.repairs@unipart.com said phone would cost £78 to repair & to await a phonecall. I missed the call. My wife told them to phone later (they didn't). In the meantime, Virgin Media Web Team emailed, saying that the repair would cost £660 & to ring them. I phoned as soon as I got in! The agent confirmed the price. How can this be correct? The phone is only worth about £150. On Samsung.com they quote £84 for a full screen & battery replacement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly it's been logged incorrectly in some way.

At £149 for a new phone I would just bite the bullet and get a new handset.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly it's been logged incorrectly in some way.

At £149 for a new phone I would just bite the bullet and get a new handset.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Plenty of places will replace the screen. Even authorised Samsung repair if you wanted to take that route

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed you should be able to recall the phone at no expense to yourself.  They've made a balls up by even offering such an uneconomical price.

I just usually recommend replacing devices as I am always paranoid about further repairs costing more in time and money than it's worth.

The lowest cost is still 50% plus of handset and the highest is over 400%.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Guesty74,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear of the damage to your handset and your upset of the quoted price to repair it. The cost to the repair isn't set by us, but the repair centre it is sent to. I'm not sure why you would've been quoted two very different prices for repair.

Have you sent an email back to that unipart address that you've mentioned for further information?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Guesty74,

It might be a little late, but I've just read your post and almost fainted!

I can't believe anyone would try to con you out of £660 for a screen ... 😲

Samsung will replace your screen for £84, and what's more, you have the option to have them come to your front door to do it.

Take a look here: Samsung Mobile Repairs 

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus