Menu
davidlawrence_1
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

5g mobile coming soon

I'm questioning virgin mobile Adverts...

Tv adverts for mobile stating 5G coming soon. SURELY this must be Miss-selling contracts, as this is a main selling point on the adverts, since its highlighted.

As everything with online searches show earliest is going to be 2021 with a Vodafone or O2 deal ???  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5g mobile coming soon

@davidlawrence_1 wrote:

I'm questioning virgin mobile Adverts...

Tv adverts for mobile stating 5G coming soon. SURELY this must be Miss-selling contracts, as this is a main selling point on the adverts, since its highlighted.

As everything with online searches show earliest is going to be 2021 with a Vodafone or O2 deal ???  

5G is already available with some providers?

0 Kudos
davidlawrence_1
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am referiing to Virgin Medias Tv advert this year and not referring to any other network..
yes i know 5g has been available from the beginning of 2020 with other Providers but the Virgin adverts would indicate that's 5g coming to Virgin mobile soon.....when its not!
SOON,, would to most reasonable people be latest 6 months. Also Soon would indicate they would be able to give you a rough timescale,,, not a Unknown by their staff.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The plan was for 5G to be offered on Vodafone before the big switch at the end of the year.

Coming soon in the mobile industry can mean anytime in the next 2 years!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
davidlawrence_1
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes i agree in a business sense.. but not For advertising to the Public... where information should be clear and correct and even if you go to the links it isnt made clear at all..
If the information is not clear then that Selling Point should not be put on the Advert.!!
0 Kudos
trevormc
Up to speed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The adverts were correct. It has now launched

www.virginmedia.com/5Ginfo
0 Kudos
mark1ee
Up to speed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am sure VM went with using the Vodafone network for 5G, can't imagine why though? Their current contract with EE for 4G services was a no brainer, they have won the best network for speed and reliability from Root Metrics, 6 years in a row.

Not sure why they jumped ship, costs probably had a deciding factor? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

They jumped ship because EE have denied access to many of their services. No 800MHz VoLTE for example so whatever is said coverage on Virgin is not as good as EE

VoLTE is now available from the start on 5G

ASDA mobile is moving back to Vodafone too.

Remember EE is BT and are rivals 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
golf20vT
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was messing around today trying to get 5g with my new phone on my new virgin sim (5g enabled) and couldn't get it at all.

so i contacted virgin mobile via chat, and after going round and round in circles ended up phoning them.

to my surprise i was told that the reson i couldn't get it was "cell tower degradation"

I pointed out that i'd been moving around Bristol all day and had tried all over, but was told that it was "in my area Bristol"

wish they'd told me before i bought a new phone and signed up for a new sim deal!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If your SIM is 5G make sure 5G is switched on in network types and VoLTE is on

Check the Vodafone coverage map for Bristol.

0 Kudos