Menu
DrDave22
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

5G

I have been sent a new sim ready for 5G as I bought a new 5g ready phone even though my own phone was still working fine. My settings on sim say 5G but when I went to Leeds for three days my signal was only 4G+. I rang customer services up and they said reason I cannot get 5G is that my mobile number hasn't been migrated. Virgin have been migrating numbers since February apparently. They had no idea when mine would migrate. Anyone know if this is true? I think I have been fobbed off. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G

You might have to wait till your next billing date then they move you to 5G

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G

Hi DrDave22,

Thank you for your post. Our apologies for any frustration with this. 

I can confirm what the agent advised is correct. We are migrating numbers over within batches to our new Vodafone signal, which will enable 5G. 

We are unable to access information which would confirm to us when a number is going to be migrated. 

Now customers can look to upgrade early which would put them onto our newer packages which would also migrate them onto the new signal. Which would then allow for 5G access. 

I have been able to locate your account and so if you wish I can private message you to check when if you are close to your renewal date? I do need to confirm that we cannot process upgrades over this site and you would need to call in via 789/0345 600 0789 to have one processed. 

^Martin

0 Kudos