cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Phone not connecting on 5G

Nwake
Just joined

I just bought a Nokia xr20 to go with my 5G SIM and have the same problem. No 5G option in network preferences.

Nokia support told me up contact virgin and seems like virgin mobile 5G simply isn't compatible with Nokia 5G phones. 

Having just spent £400+ on a 5G handset specifically to make use of my 5G SIM, this is very disappointing. Having searched the website and my account help there's seems to be no mention of the potential for this issue. It feels very misleading, there are enough comments online for this surely to be a know issue by now, yet still claiming any 5G handset can make use of their SIM on the website

1 REPLY 1

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Appears the mods have split this off.

This from the website (emphasis mine)

You can get 5G with a 5G-compatible device. You’ll also need a 5G plan with us and 5G network coverage. You can get 5G on these devices if you buy them from us:

Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei P40 lite, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Oppo Find X2, Oppo Find X2 Neo, Oppo Reno4 Pro, Oppo Find X2 Lite, Samsung S21, Samsung S21 Ultra, Samsung S21 Plus, Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Samsung S20FE 5G, Sony Xperia 5 II, Samsung A32 5G, Samsung A42 5G, Samsung A52 5G, Samsung S20, Samsung S20 Plus and Samsung S20 Ultra.

If you’ve bought them elsewhere, we can’t guarantee they’ll work on our 5G network. If your device isn’t on the list, don’t worry – we’re working on adding more devices to our 5G network all the time.

Not a hopeful list

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks