Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4g sim not working was fine

So having got my upgraded 4G sim and having to ring 3 times to get the right setting enabled on my phone it was working fine for 2-3 weeks now seems to of gone off again. Have tried resetting APN to the multi various settings suggested by this forum & texted to me via the ALL settings. Still no joy why am I paying for something I'm not getting (commonly known as Fraud)?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g sim not working was fine

HI Hiagy66uk, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear you're having an issue here. When you advise you're having a problem, can you advise what the problem is please and if you're still experiencing this? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did manage to find another set of setting under a post regarding android phone which at present do seem to be working. But given my device is not 4G nor likely to be or supported according you IMIE search. I still cant see why an upgraded sim was even sent out without the option of not updating. Its hardley environmentally freindly to expect people to upgrade to new devices just to use something they don't actually need.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The new SIM cards were sent out primarily because Virgin have their own core network and no longer have to rely on EE for everything 

OK not everyone has phones that will benefit from all the changes but a network can't keep going when on 2 totally different systems which is the case at present. Most likely EE are pushing on this too with their contact to supply Virgin coming to an end next year 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah well thats ok then so virgin have created their own network what using their own satelites and masts because two commercial entities cant possibly share infastructure already in place. That sound very environmentally freindly. If we put a mast up ion every street corner for every network we would never need worry about signal strenth again may have to worry about global warming though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think you misunderstood. The Core Network is everything apart from the signal masts and radio network. Virgin have not got, nor never will have a licence to build a radio network, that would take years anyhow.

They are moving signal next year, was going to be Vodafone, but with the proposed merger probably O2. The new SIM cards will allow for either scenario without further change.

But I always say, If you are not happy with a network a PAC code is your friend. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos