Menu
zacazoom
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4g has always been good until recently

I have had my sim only now for about 18months and to be fair I have always had goods speeds until the past week or so , to the point where it’s using 3G mostly and it’s terrible.

I have turned off and on etc, it’s says the signal is fine on the virgin checker, but it must certainly isn’t.

I noticed I had one if those Carrier updates yesterday and I said yes hoping that it would improve , but it hasn’t.

I am now on the verge of changing to a different supplier.

Only about 4 weeks ago I was get around 80 mps indoors where I live in B62, now I’m getting around 2mbs if I’m lucky.

I remember reading before Christmas that they are upgrading people people so they can use 5G with Vodafone now, I’m not sure if I’m included because my sim was before April of last year, which at this stage I would just be happy with the original speeds I used to get with 4G.

I have an iPhone 12 max pro and worked great on this device before.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g has always been good until recently

You've been moved over to the Vodafone network, good news, you can now get 5G when in coverage area, unfortunately it looks like your in a Vodafone not spot.

I'm over in B31, I'm not with Virgin currently but use Vodafone and get up to 300mbps in certain areas, but in a few areas its below 10mbps due to coverage.

Have you tried enabling WiFi calling and 4G/VoLTE on iPhone?

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
zacazoom
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt

Thank you, at least I now know why.

I rely quite heavily on my portable hotspot, when my virgin WiFi is down. So it looks like I’m going to have to change then.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, doesn't sound like Virgin is ideal then.

Does your broadband drop out that much?

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos