cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g free upgrade

blenki1
Tuning in

i recently recieved a text message from virgin mobile saying i would be getting a free upgrade to 4g from 3g on November refresh date, this has passed and nothing has happened. I have changed all the settings on phone etc and rebooted phone also.

also i notice most people got this upgrade a few years ago so how come ive had to wait until now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi blenki1, 

Apologies for the issues you have had when trying to get this resolved. 

I have been looking in to this for another user and can confirm there is nothing you need to do. 

The team have advised that for some reason, there was an issue when migrating customers over. We're hopeful that the change will take place in your December refresh date however 8 of the billing cycles were missed so those who's tariffs refreshed at the beginning of the month won't actually see the change until January's refresh date. I have been assured that this will go ahead without any further issues. 

I understand we're asking you to wait again but for now there is nothing further we can do. 

Please let us know how the update goes after your next refresh. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi blenki1

Thanks for posting.

Sorry for the confusion here. Can you let us know the make and model of the device? Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

bgglp
Dialled in

I have the same problem. I was advised by txt on October 1st that my package would be upgraded from 3G to 4G as of November refresh and my price would be slightly reduced, but nothing has happened.

One of the Mods on here has looked into this for me and so far I've been advised, firstly, that there was an open order on my account that needed to be fulfilled to trigger the action. Nothing happened. Then some days later I was advised by the same Mod that the upgrade message was an error and I wasn't entitled to an automatic upgrade after all. Rather puzzling how the "open order" arose if this was all an error!

All very confusing......

Apologies for the confusion bgglp, from looking at the account it doesn't look like this was ever set as an order on the account. There is a parked order which failed which may be the change but has never been completed, as this would require a credit check we aren't able to action this for you via the forums I'm afraid.

If you wish to chase this, you can do so by calling the team on 789 or 0345 600 0789, you can use any of the methods here or text the team your query for free on 07533 051 809  between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help. 

Rob

Thanks for looking into this for me, Robert.

I've just spoken to 789, and while they do confirm the txt message was correctly sent to me advising of the change, they have no view as to if or when the changes will happen. They would be happy to change my package for me, BUT this would constitute a new contract request on my part (and hence credit checks). While I'm more than happy for VM to make beneficial changes to my package (and thus be the instigators of change) I don't want to be the one deemed to have requested it.

I believe a network migration from EE to Vodafone is likely to happen in the fairly near future anyway so I guess I'll wait and see what effect that has on my account/package.

Cheers

Thank you for the update @bgglp.

We further apologsie on behalf of our team for any confusion caused prior.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Iphone 7 i have spoken to customer services since and gone through all the setting changes etc but still on 3g.

My account says i can upgrade to a 4g plan which tells me the free upgrade has not happened. It really cant be that hard to do. I am now considering leaving Virgin as it is getting to be a joke

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

thanks for keeping us updated on this blenki1. If you're sure that 4G is enabled in the handset's settings then I'd like to take a closer look into it and see what we can do to help - just look out for my PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Hi blenki1, 

Apologies for the issues you have had when trying to get this resolved. 

I have been looking in to this for another user and can confirm there is nothing you need to do. 

The team have advised that for some reason, there was an issue when migrating customers over. We're hopeful that the change will take place in your December refresh date however 8 of the billing cycles were missed so those who's tariffs refreshed at the beginning of the month won't actually see the change until January's refresh date. I have been assured that this will go ahead without any further issues. 

I understand we're asking you to wait again but for now there is nothing further we can do. 

Please let us know how the update goes after your next refresh. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

to be honest will be getting rid of all virgin services in new year, should have been upgraded months ago as not many people still on 3g, been with them for years but sadly constant issues with tv, mobile and high costs force the issue to leave