Menu
Pyro_san
Tuning in
Message 11 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G data speeds slow

Hi guys,

Same problem for me at Oxford Circus.
Strange thing is, upload is fine for me, it's between 15-30Mbps, but the download is like the good old dial-up times, both speed and stability-wise.

HSDPA (3g) seems to kinda work, I get around 3-4Mbps with that, which is at least kind of usable.

0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 12 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Just used the EE Service / Network checker. The status has changed from 'recently fixed' to 'no known issues' - what a joke. In the office again today and still issues with 4G. I will be in and around Oxford Circus this evening and will see if I get the same problem here. Currently chatting online with an EE agent - let's see what they say. I'll post again if I have any NEW news...
0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 13 of 108
Flag for a moderator

OK, so this seems to have fixed the issue for me (for now... I'll report back tomorrow if I still see any issues with 4G). The agent told me to reset the network settings on my phone. I don't know what devices you have but for mine, it's under Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings. You'll need to reconnect any WiFi and Bluetooth devices you may have had connected to the device though, so be aware. Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
Pyro_san
Tuning in
Message 14 of 108
Flag for a moderator

It's still terrible at Oxford Circus.
I've tried the network reset as well, and while it shows better signal strength now, I've just done a speedtest, and got 0.46Mbps download. It's much better than the 0.05-0.15 yeterday, but still something I wouldn't call internet access in 2018.

If this won't be fixed this week, I think I'll just accept my losses, pay off whatever remains from my current contract and switch to another carrier. I'm not paying for 10Gb data to be unable to use it at all for a week.

0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Still terrible at Belgrave Square, SW1X 8PZ. I have just been at Victoria Station. There it works fine. On my way back to Belgrave Square, the problems start.... Internet doesn´t work, Streaming of Music stopps.... It must be something with the LTE coverage.... It is so frustrating.

0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 108
Flag for a moderator

And yes... I did a network reset.

0 Kudos
Pyro_san
Tuning in
Message 17 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Still crap at Oxford Circus. Just measured a lovely 0.13Mbps download. Smiley Sad

Seriously, it's annoying enough that it's a piece of crap, but the fact that there is no official statement with a deadline from virgin is maddening!

0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 18 of 108
Flag for a moderator

I will try and Victoria station tonight or tomorrow. To be honest, I'm always rushing through that station so haven't really thought to test there. Last night, the speeds were bad for me around Oxford Circus.

I've tried again at work today and actually, it's worse today than any of the other days. It's really frustrating.

I spoke to an agent yesterday and advised that it's been like this for a while. They told me that they can currently see some 'optimisation works' being done on 4 towers in the Belgravia area. I don't really know what that means but there is obviously something wrong with the 4G signal in this area (and extending to Oxford Circus too).

I'm going to call them again today to lodge another complaint although I doubt it will make much difference. It will either be going through an MBNL or EE tower and because of that, Virgin will not be able to speed up the optimisation process. They did mention that on their notes, the problem was supposed to be fixed by COB yesterday but that obviously hasn't happened as I can't even use my phone to browse the internet on 4G.
0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear. I left office at 19:00 yesterday. Believe it or not, I had LTE speed as it was weeks ago. So I was hoping they had fixed the problem. I'm out of the country right now, so can't check lte speed today, but will do next Monday 

Crossing fingers they will find the technical issue.

0 Kudos
danielz000
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Just to add... Mine at the north end of Tottenham Court Road are useless.

Been with Virgin mobile a couple of weeks and it has been dial up speeds the entire time unless I connect to 3G which is just slightly better.

Today 3G is ****ed too.

Absolutely useless and the support staff and just as useless.

If any one has any advice please let me know.

0 Kudos