Menu
perhley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 108
Flag for a moderator

4G data speeds slow

Been having issues for the past week with slow 4G data speeds - takes ages to load webpages, social media feeds don't update or load images, downloading images in emails takes forever.  This is my second month with Virgin Mobile - the first month was fine, no issues at all.  I'm still within my data plan so I don't know why I'm not getting the same speeds as the previous month.  Any help is greatly welcomed at this stage!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Super solver
Message 2 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G data speeds slow

Is it a problem everywhere or just in one location.

0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Hi, same problem here since the beginning of this week. After the weekend I came to office at had the worst 4G service ever. Reported it to Virgin Mobile twice, no improvement. I'm based at Belgrave Square. It's a little bit better where I live, but still a significant difference to the week before. I thing they are having 4g problems ....

0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 4 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it looks like it might just be in one location. I had to visit family over the weekend and they live far from me and the signal seemed fine. I think it is just localised to the same area as Moselritter (post below).
0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 108
Flag for a moderator

@Moselritter - yes, think it is the same here as my workplace is just around the corner from Belgrave Sq. I did call Virgin on Friday to ask what was going on but they advised that it is something related to a 'power upgrade' - not sure what this means and they weren't able to advise on how long this will take.

What the guy on the phone did tell me though is that an automatic refund (unspecified amount) should be applied to your account and that if you don't see this, then contact them to make sure you get the refund.

It's a bit annoying though as when I'm home, I'm connected to WiFi anyway so there is no problem there, but when I'm at work, I'm reliant on Virgin's network as there is no option for me to connect to WiFi. Are you still noticing issues today?
0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Good evening,

Still facing the same problem today. I have checked with an app and with LTE (4G) I have a download speed around 100 k/s..... (yes k/s!)

As soon as I leave the area, the 4G speed is ok. I texted Virgin Mobile again today and reported the issue for the third time. They have open the case, let's see how long they need to fix the issue.

What you can do is: Change the network setting and set "just 3G". This helps me through the worst, at least some internet speed to work with. So it must be a LTE issue...

Regards.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Super solver
Message 7 of 108
Flag for a moderator

check the ee service status page, some postcodes in that area have a status of "recently fixed"

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 8 of 108
Flag for a moderator

@Moselritter

Thanks! I'm still facing the same issue today. Is it worth me texting VM too to report the issue from my side? I'm also going to take your advise on switching just to 3G but to be honest, I don't think you should really have to do this either.
0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 9 of 108
Flag for a moderator

@paulchambers061

Thanks for the link. Yeah, just seen that the postcode where I am experiencing the issue says 'recently fixed' but I'm still having an issue. I have reported the issue again via that link so I'll wait to see what happens.
0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The problem hasn´t been fixed. I am still facing slow LTE-speed at Belgrave Square. I will wait till tomorrow and then report it again. I´m getting really annoyed....

Cheers.

0 Kudos