cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Signal is terrible

kjt1996
Joining in

In the West Midlands and have done a coverage checker which said the signal should be good, but it isn’t. Sometimes the 4G is ok but a lot of the time it doesn’t work - things load slowly or not at all and I get pop ups saying the network is unstable or disconnected because it’s so poor. 5G is non existent but that’s expected as it’s probably not in the area yet. Sometimes the 4G completely drops out and it puts me down to 3G and this doesn’t really work at all. This is mainly when I’m at work, at home it’s usually fine. 

Today I was at the gym and to leave you have to scan a QR code from an app on your phone which requires an internet connection. My signal was so bad and I was standing there for 5 mins until I finally got a tiny bit of signal and was able to get out using the QR code.

This is very annoying and I’m not sure what to do, I’ve only just got this phone and it’s on a contract. A few of my colleagues are on EE and they have no issues.

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kjt1996, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting any service. Can you try the below and let me know the results:

• Are you referring to not having any data signal or are you unable to make calls and send texts either? 
  • Do you find this is the issue at home as well as when out and about or is this only happening in one area?
  • Are you able to test your SIM card in another device? If so do you get the same results?
  • Can you also try another SIM in your device to see what happens?
  • Finally, is there anyone else in your household experiencing the same issues? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your "Virgin" mobile will be using O2 for coverage.

Do you know any friends or relatives who use O2 locally, what sort of service do they get? Tesco Mobile (and a few others) also use O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks