Menu
briangaile
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4G Network Registration Failed

After returning from Spain to the UK last week my phone has been unable to connect to the 4G Network and can only use the phone for emergency calls, no ability to text or make phone calls. A new sim card arrived this morning (after spending many hours on my husbands phone to virgin via text to try to solve the problem) and the problem is still the same. Have followed all of the online help guides but it still doesn't work. It looks like i do not have permission to access the virgin 4G network. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Network Registration Failed

Hi briangaile,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Mobile phone since returning to the UK.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Nige121
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same problem. Have just arrived from Spain and I have exactly the same issue. 

I had issues when I was away where my roaming suddenly stopped working. The APN's defaulted to Belgium networks. The text service weren't any help, constantly being palmed off. I eventually sorted it myself following previous feedback on the forum but I'm just wondering whether this is all related and part of the problem 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The APN will show Belgium in some cases as the SIM is programed by Proximus and it is their roaming service Virgin use, having no roaming agreements of their own being a virtual network

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nige121
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that although would there be any reason why when I deleted the Belgium APN's and added the VM one I found on the forum my data roaming started working again whilst I was in Spain. It had been working but then stopped working and that's when I noticed the Belgium APN"s all using non UK mobile country codes. When I'd deleted these and added the VM APN with UK MCC it started working again. Now I've returned to the UK and all of a sudden I can't register onto the VM network even if u try and manually select the VM network - seems to much of a co-incidence to me ??

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nige121

Thanks for posting and apologies for the network issue.

I can see from checking the system that you spoke to the team yesterday and we're sending you a new SIM. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos