Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

+32

Hi there, can anyone tell me why when I’m sending a photo as a text from photos, and sometimes when I call people my phone tries to send it through or ring a +32 number? The numbers are not stored like that in my contacts.

Also when people phone/message me their number shows as a +44 number but doesn’t register as the name in my contacts. Do I need to go through my contacts and change them all from 07 to +44? 
Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: +32

Must be an iPhone

Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select National mode - you are done, go back to Home screen

I would also go into Dial Assist, swap to any country but UK and then swap back again 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I’ve done the dial assist but I don’t have the SIM applications menu come up through the phone icon. I can’t find anything similar either. Could it be anywhere else? Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I have no idea. The permanent fix was put up by an iPhone user as it has been a common problem with Virgin SIM cards.

The Dial assistance works, but some say only temporarily 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue with my iPhone since i got it last year,  didn't return the phone as thought it was something I hadn't done properly,  so tried this help with the same result. 

However i did find sim application in the mobile data , then tried -roaming -select mode -manual -national.

I've only just done it, so no idea if it will work. hope it does as it has been a real issue during lockdown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I haven't got an answer but I have all my contact numbers stored in full format without a problem. Note that the trunk prefix (0) is never stored. Doing this means that I know I can call any number from any country. Examples:

+447932123456

+442081234567

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos