Menu
JEANRENO
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

30 DAY ROLLING + PHONE CONTRACT

I HAVE JUST HAD A NEW PHONE ON CONTRACT, AND HAVE A 30 DAY ROLLING CONTRACT FOR MY SIM. I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN KEEP THE PHONE ONE BUT GIVE 30 DAYS NOTICE TO CANCEL JUST THE SIM AIR TIME. THEY ARE ON 2 SEPARATE CONTRACTS SO I DON'T SEE WHY NOT BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I HAVE GOT TO STAY WITH VIRGIN FOR THE SIM FOR THE 2 YEARS THAT I AM PAYING FOR THE PHONE ONE. WHY?

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30 DAY ROLLING + PHONE CONTRACT

If phone is on Freestyle loan, the SIM is on a 30day contract and you can leave anytime, the phone loan will carry-on as normal.

CS will try their best to stop you, even lie like they have to you - saying you can not cancel the sim 😠

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
JEANRENO
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI TEABAG

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLAY

BUT JUST BEEN ON THE VIRGIN WEBSITE AND IT SAY'S THAT YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE SIM ONE AS LONG AS YOU ARE STILL PAYING FOR THE PHONE. AS I HAVE ONLY JUST GOT THE PHONE, APRIL. I CAN NOT PAY OFF THE FULL

AMOUNT FOR THE PHONE CONTRACT SO I CAN END THE SIM ONE. 

THIS SEAMS WRONG TO ME, AS THEY ARE 2 SEPARATE CONTRACTS

SO ONE SHOULD NOT BE CONNECTED TO THE OTHER. I WANT TO GO WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER AS MY SIGNAL

WITH VIRGIN IS NOT GOOD AT HOME. THANKS 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Where are you seeing that you have to keep the SIM?.

For a Freestyle contract, the terms are below.  SIM is on 30day contract, you only need to pay off phone if you want to upgrade to a new phone.

Freestyle Contracts: Based on either a 24 or 36 month interest free Consumer Credit Agreement provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited and a 30 day rolling Pay Monthly Airtime Contract with Virgin Mobile Telecoms Limited. Credit check & payment by Direct Debit required. You must pay off your loan in full in order to upgrade your handset. 0% APR Representative. Prices shown require eBilling. For paper bills add £1.50 per month.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos