Menu
Mackem48
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2G DOES work on a 3G/4G sim !!

Virgin need to get clued up with their sim cards ! I tried to contact Virgin through text messaging. It took 2 days for an agent to get in touch (Covids fault !) I was buying a new 2G phone for my mam, Its the old style flip as its so easy to use for an elderly person. I asked Virgin if her 3G/4G (think its 4G but forgot to check ) sim card will pick up the 2G signal and they said NO ! It works !! She only uses it to ring as I know 2G does not support internet. If anyone is buying a 2G phone don't worry it works for calls but you need a standard sim. the big sim card

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2G DOES work on a 3G/4G sim !!

Always has and, unlike some countries it will be around for some time, unlike 3G which will go 

You have found that if it is not on the script 789 just make it up. (2nd such post today)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mackem48
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2G DOES work on a 3G/4G sim !!

I know they are hopeless. I did a lot of reading up on lots of websites and people were saying no and some were saying yes ! I thought I'd take a chance as I found out that Smart metres use 2G and I also found out 3G is getting fazed out soon. Its a lovely mobile if anyone has an elderly relative, I'm so pleased I got it. Its a TTfone Lunar Big Button. So easy to use and very stylish.
0 Kudos