Menu
chrishard80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2 virgin sim, one gets signal one doesnt

I have received a new sim and at home I get no signal at all, I cannot even make a call. Yet my wife is on the same network and she gets a very good connection with high 4g speeds. If I put her sim in my phone it works fine, but my new one doesn't. But the weird thing is away from home, in a big town, my sim works perfectly.  What is going on and will the replacement sim that is on its way be likely to remedy the situation? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2 virgin sim, one gets signal one doesnt

Almost certainly you have been transitioned to Vodafone, your wife is probably still on EE  (Virgin have no network of their own)

I suggest you have a look here and see what it says about coverage in your location

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chrishard80
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I joined Virgin because I understood they used EE and my wife's signal is so good. Where as every other network at home is awful.  Are you saying they're using the Vodafone network now?  Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They announced a deal with Vodafone in 2019 to start when the EE deal finishes towards the end of the year.

New SIM Cards are now going out on Vodafone and everyone else will be moved across before year end.

I don't know if you can use WiFi Calling at home, that would help.

However, long term a move of network may be on the cards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chrishard80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have to use WiFi calling now with 02. The trouble is I never get the security text messages I need. This is why I switched to Virgin. Shame I didn't do enough homework. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos