Menu
Tom_Cowan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

£2 charges for nothing

When the replacement SIM I was sent didn't work in my old phone, I was eventually given a basic handset. Since I have had the handset £2 charges come off my top up ( I pay as I go) when I haven't been using the handset WHY?

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: £2 charges for nothing

Does it have mobile data switched on? It'll need to be off if you want to avoid charges for internet usage. It'll use data if it's switched on in the background and you'll get the £2 charges daily.

0 Kudos
Tom_Cowan
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

It is a very basic phone, and as far as I know I don't access the internet with it. It wasn't happening daily.

Also I cant find where on my phone I should check to see if mobile data is or isn't switched on. Sorry I'm an old guy and not that clued up on that sort of thing.

Please help further if you can.

Kind regards

Tom

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Probably best if you post on here the phone make and model. Then someone will have a better clue what's happening and help you.

0 Kudos
Tom_Cowan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The phone is an Enerigzer and my number is [REMOVED]. I don't have any memory added, and only the Virgin SIM I was sent installed.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK follow this sequence 

Goto Menu - Settings - Connections  then unchecked GPRS service 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos