Menu
locutus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2 SIM Cards for the same number

Does Virgin Mobile allow users to have 2 SIM Cards for 1 number so that they can have 1 SIM in a Mobile Phone & a 2nd SIM in some type of wearable tech such as a Smart Watch? So that users can make calls & send texts from either device.

I know EE offer this facility and as Virgin Mobile use EE as a carrier I hope the above facility. 

Locutus
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 SIM Cards for the same number

Hello

I am afraid that is not something that VM can do I am afraid, as far as a know with EE it is actually a 2nd number for the 2nd SIM card, no company can have physically 2 SIMs with the same number.

Although VM use  EE for the signal they are using SIMs supplied by another company branded for VM.

A lot of the Smart Watches don't have a physical SIM they have something called an E-Sim and again this is a service that VM don't have.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johnboy5
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't forget as EE are owned by Virgins biggest competitor BT, there not going to stay with them for long

From Which:

Virgin Media announces switch to Vodafone mobile network: what does it mean for you? The agreement will begin in late 2021 and will last for five years

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi locutus, 

We do not allow 2 sim cards with one number as this is physically impossible. I think you are taking about an E-sim we do not do these. Chris

0 Kudos