Menu
smush
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

14 Day Cooling Off Period

Hello my grandfather is on Virgin Mobile he has been having trouble with not being able to use the mobile data on his phone I have looked at his phone and there is nothing wrong with it, all the settings are enabled yet he still cannot use data.

I told him to call Virgin to request his PAC code (he wasn't in a contract) which he did but given his age he gets a little confused so when the Virgin Media rep threw offers at him to keep him he agreed to sign up for 12 months (SIMO) this is despite his mobile data still not working. He has since phoned Virgin about his data issue and they maintain it is not an issue at their end.

Now he has phoned Virgin up to exercise his right to cancel within 14 days and he's been given a PAC code and told he will be charged £33 in early cancellation fees. How can someone on a £6.50 a month SIMO plan be charged 5-6 months in cancellation fees that seems highly excessive?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 14 Day Cooling Off Period

The early cancellation fees are a lot lower than they used to be as they would charge you in full for the remaining months. That said, inside the 14 days there should be no charge. 

I could ask one of the team to look at this but you would have to pass security, as the account in not yours 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
smush
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That would be a big help thanks. What security would I need to pass so I can ask him for the info?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Passwords and memorable data I think

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post smush and I'm sorry to hear of the issues your Grandfather

I can seek to take a look into this for you, are you able to advise me of certain characters from the memorable word if you were asked for these?

This would be required to pass data protection

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
smush
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks he is busy currently so have not been able to speak to him about it. Might have to wait until tomorrow now.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do feel free to come back to us and we'll seek to assist, however we can only assist if data protection can be passed. 

if this is with the account holder, this would offer us more flexibility - as we can ask secondary questions with the account holder only

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos