Menu
sharon_1967
Tuning in
Message 11 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0800 183 6403

Have a look at the number of views, it shows how many people are getting these calls. Virgin know about this scam to get existing members to pay double what new members could get the deal for! Same as the AA etc. get new quoted annually and shop around. You're being conned for being loyal to the company!

SH3user
Up to speed
Message 12 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Sign up to and make a complaint to the TPS. If the calls continue then the people making them get fined. You still need to do this even if you switch supplier!

Sam1980
Just joined
Message 13 of 34
Flag for a moderator

What they need to do is stop calling and send an email.

I had been away for a few days abroad and all throughout the week days I got calls from them, I have an idea it may have been about signing up to a new package, which they failed to tell me I needed to sign an online contract which i signed a few weeks late.

however if they just send me an email instead of pestering me constantly on the phone and not leaving any messages or dead messages where they do not speak and wasting my time calling my voice mail.

a simple email to say

Hey, We are Virgin Media have attempted to contact you several times via phone. We are contacting you regarding xxxxxxxxxxxx, please contact us on 0800xxxxxxxx or if you are not interested please reply and we will remove you from our dialling lists.

sharon_1967
Tuning in
Message 14 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Certainly Virgin as the first time they called I let her go through her sales talk, then said I was at work and couldn't talk. Now receiving daily calls and soon, very soon, one caller is going to get a mouth full !! When you can get the deal for half of what she was quoting, shows it's time to move to Sky. Not putting up with unscrupulous companies.

sharon_1967
Tuning in
Message 15 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Now activated TPS for these calls to my mobile (no connection to Virgin), so fingers crossed. I had already registered my home number but didn't realise you could add a mobile number. Let's hope!!!

0 Kudos
Robzor
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Just answered this call for the millionth time, they say you are in good standing yada yada, then say you can upgrade to which I say I dont need to or want to yet. Which they completely ignore and start saying, you can have free whatsapp and some other app, which I say I dont want. Then they try offer me another sim card, and I'm just like stop please I dont want anything from you. Then I say I've asked you for these calls to stop many times, as I dont want or need them, they go ok have a good day, bye?!!!

I've NO replied to the text they send saying we will contact you soon. Yet they still do..

Also rang 789 asking for all marketing calls to stop. No cigar there either it seems

Who manages this company? Its a joke.

It's so annoying!

SH3user
Up to speed
Message 17 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Sign up to and report them to the TPS. Here is the link  http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html. If the calls continue then they will get fined.

Dcubed
Tuning in
Message 18 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Marketing are a real pain. I have had a large number of calls from them on this number. Yesterday I had a call and today 2 calls, I have told them this is verging on harassment, that I will leave Virgin if I get any more such calls and they still continue to call. They do not seem to understand that if I want any different service I will call them and I can also do a search on line if I want to find anything else that I might want.

The call blocking works for a while but then they change the number they use.

Why should I want to talk to someone not from the UK with a lot of people talking in the background, which makes it almost impossible to understand what is being said?

Virgin Media services are very good but the marketing calls are very very very bad. Please stop driving people away. 

Lee-SX
Tuning in
Message 19 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Have had 3 calls today from this number on my o2 mobile, told them everytime "no you are not Virgin media, so I don't want to talk to you" but it keeps happening .. getting annoying.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dcubed and @Lee-SX,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are receiving unwanted sales calls from us on 0800 183 6403. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post. 

We can arrange to have your marketing preferences changed if you prefer to not receive sales calls from us. This will remove you from our database for sales calls and also unwanted addressed mail.

Please be aware that you may receive marketing contact from us for the next six weeks, as we aren't able to withdraw our campaigns that have already been released. Also, if you have both a Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile account, your preferences will need to be changed on both accounts.

If you would like for me to do this for you, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and send the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Are you the account holder?
  • Full address with postcode
  • Mobile number
  • Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media account (If both, please provide above details for both accounts)
  • Include reference Conversation #13834508

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos