Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin media box is not working

All the lights are flashing on my box, the standby is blinking white and red and the 2 lights to the left are blinking white. this is the 10+ times now.

when it says ‘starting up’ it then just clicks off and repeats.

i have tried rebooting, Switching it all off overnight and pressing + and standby etc, nothing appears to be working.

i have another box in the study which is working fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media box is not working

Is this a replacement box, or one that has stopped working "randomly"?

@timmmy34 wrote:

when it says ‘starting up’ it then just clicks off and repeats.

If youj have a clicking noise, that could be hard drive issue which needs a box replacement.

A box stuck in a boot loop is a fault. The only thing you can sensibly check is that on V6 boxes, to make sure the internet connection (via your homehub) that's used for software downloads is clean & stable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No sure but looking at the box probably,

I converted to Virgin from sky 28 days ago and had nothing but issues with this box, the Virgin Media website and telephone line are useless and provide no insight nor does it allow me to speak with an actual person to resolve the issue with the usual switch off and on again crap.  Not impressed with customer services.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi timmmy34,

Welcome to the Community Forums! I really am sorry for our delayed response from here, and for the issues you've been having with your V6 box. I appreciate it must have been frustrating not being able to speak to a member of the team about your issue.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that you managed to get through to our faults team who arranged for a new box to be sent out. Please let us know if you've received this yet or need any further help.

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos