Menu
Tariq330
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tv

hi,my tivo box showing only 5 channels BBC1,BBC2,ITV,CH4,CH5 NOTHING ELS IT WAS WORKING 2 WEEK BEFORE ,SERVICE IN MY AERIA OK ITS SAY TECHNICAL PROBLEM IN YOUR BOX ITRY EVERY THING CHANGE ALL CABLES RESET BOX NOTHING IMPROBE .IM MORE THEN 20 YEAR WITH VIRGIN MEDIA NEVER PROBLEM BEFORE .THIS TIME GIVE ME HEADACH.ONLY 5 CHANNELS NOTHING ELS NO ANY APPS WORKING. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv

Hi Tariq,

It sounds like you have one of the old Tivo boxes which have been decommissioned.

There have been numerous announcements on the box advising a free replacement is available.  From 9th December 2019 there was an announcement that BT Sport channels would not be available on the box, offering a replacement Tivo. There was also an announcement that Sky Sports would no longer be unavailable from 1st August, offering an upgrade.

More recently:

This is an older type of Virgin Media box and we need to upgrade it. Don't worry, it's totally free with no catches!  Simply give us a call on 0345 454 1111 to place your order.

And

This is one of our older boxes which will not be supported from 1st July and only basic channels will remain.   Don't worry, you are entitled to a free upgrade to our latest box, the V6. Just visit virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap or call us on 0345 454 1111 to book your upgrade.

The online swap is no longer available, so you'll need to call 0345 454 1111 to book your upgrade.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tariq330
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank you so mutch they maybe charge £35 active fee for new device

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tariq,

there shouldn't be any activation fee as it's a straight swap for a discontinued box.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos