Menu
mattle55
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

tv service problem

For the past 3 nights I have been unable to watch HD tv as there is digital issue.

The help section doesn`t run the test as the page isnt working...so I have been guided here from twitter virgin.

How do I run a test on tv ?

I have rebooted all virgin devices and checked all cables .

Thanks

Matt

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 22.32.22.pngIMG_2383 copy.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv service problem

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them. The online status page that you've tried, isn't great for localised faults that the vast majority of signal issues are.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @mattle55 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV picture. 

How are things since your post? Are you still having the issues? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
mattle55
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi zak

After 4 days of tv problems, ofcourse there were no service problems reported in my area(apparently), and after having to moan on social media to try to resolve this, the tv service has miraculously repaired itself.

The hd channels now work without interference.

Thanks 

Matt 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am sorry for the Inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
mattle55
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have just sat down to watch a recorded Tour de France from today. The signal problem still exists with intermittent pixelation and a soft quality. 
can someone organise for a new box to be supplied?

Thanks
matt 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Without knowing for certain that the fault is within your box, that may not be the solution here.

With reference to my comments in post-2, the fault could be anywhere between your box tuners and the streetcab. You can either wait around here for forum staff to pick this up, or follow the telephone faults route.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
mattle55
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I just watched an he recording I made yesterday and it appears there is still an issue with pixelation . Also the screen isn’t sharp . 
please can you arrange gif a new unit to be sent to replace ?

thanks 

Matt 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The issue could be with your box, but it could equally be with other equipment. If you're experiencing this issue with live TV it at least eliminates HDD issues.

Forum staff work through posts in rotation, and they'll get to yours in (most likely) a day or so. They can arrange whatever's necessary, it'll likely be a tech visit if their remote checks pick up anything awry.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mattle55,

Thank you for coming back to us and reporting the issue once more. I'm sorry to hear that this is an ongoing problem and you're still experiencing this issue on both Live TV and on On Demand.

Would you be able to tell me if your TV box is connected to your broadband via WiFi or via the Ethernet cable?

Have you checked that all cables that are coming into the TV Box and into the TV itself are tight an secure?

I can see that there are no area issues impacting your service at the moment. However, I cannot run further diagnostics if the TV box is on standby. Would you be able to turn the TV box on, so I can run through some diagnostic steps please?

Have you had any connection issues with your Hub at all recently?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos