Menu
mark7424
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tv no picture

Somebody please help as after waiting 40 minutes yesterday for help on the phone then the very rude " customer service" rep hung up on me when he kept talking over me.

My tv worked fine yesterday morning and then at lunchtime the following messages were showing when I turned back on:

No signal. Please check your antenna connection.

Programmes are not stored.

I checked the service status and it was showing an outage until 17.00 so I thought that was the cause but anyway I went through every connection to make sure that they were nice and secure and they were all fine.

I also got down a working tv from another room after 17>00 when there was no service resumption and tried that in case my tv was faulty but it had the same type of message about no ariel connection.

The engineer linked the remote control to the tv and tivo box together so there is not a separate remote to check source but it cannot have changed due to the above.

I have been with Virgin since October 2 2020 after 14 years with SKY, this is hardly a great introduction with the installation late by a day, three different bills advised to me, the tv going down and customer service hanging up on me.

Any help to get the tv up and going would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv no picture

Those messages look to me like your TV is generating them, rather than your TiVo/V6 box. VM doesn't use an antenna connection, but equipment that uses Freeview, would.

Which input on your TV is the VM box connected to - is that input selected on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mark7424
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts, the coax in, which I assume to be the ariel, goes to a connection with my broadband hub.

The HD lead goes from box to TV.

Would your reply make sense then as the message type is showing on two different screens?? If it is the tv generating them then how can that be resolved??

Thanks for your time
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Forget the aerial & antenna bits, Virgin is a cable-based platform and doesn't use aerials.

What I'm suspecting is that your TV is tuned to another input source and NOT your Virgin box. Somewhere on your TV controls, there should be options to choose the input that is selected, I think you may need to select whichever one your Virgin box is connected to.

You'll need to make sure your Virgin box is on, in order to be outputting a video signal - do you have a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos