Menu
mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

tivo tuners not initiating

My system appears to be working but when I look at the diagnostic page both tuner 1 and 2 are not showing there information and are listed as not tuning. I have rung 150 and had a conversation with the virgin rep. They state it is something they have not seen before but everything works. I do not agree as I do not understand how the diagnostics can display one thing and the rep maintain all is well. I am suppost to receive a phone call within 3 hours that was 4 hours ago NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Has anyone seen this supposed correct diagnostic screen with no data on it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo tuners not initiating

If this is a TiVo, rather than a V6, this may be associated with an error which appears to have been introduced by a recent software release on TiVo.

Can you confirm this is a TiVo and the software level is 5.8.1.RC2?

The previously noted error is that the Info function does not display the channels that the tuners are connected to.

mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

thank you for the reply Yes it is a tivo not a v6 I have had it since virgin started to use them.

0 Kudos
mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

software version is 20.8.1.RC9-VCM-2-C00
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

WOW An even later release than the error I noted earlier was being reported on!

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Yes - that is the faulty software update that has been sent out and crippled the TiVo. it has been nearly 6 weeks now since it happened and still not fixed.....

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrverygrumpy

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box form our end shows no errors, I hope that means things have improved since your post? If not, get back in touch and we'll do what we can to assist.

Talk soon
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Craig_D wrote:

Hi mrverygrumpy

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box form our end shows no errors, I hope that means things have improved since your post? If not, get back in touch and we'll do what we can to assist.

Talk soon
Craig

Testing the box though won't show any errors as it's a problem with the software the TiVo has recently been updated with that has deactivated the previously default condition of having all 3 tuners working. What's needed is another software update to restore the active 3 tuners the way it has been since launch about 6 years ago.

MrsE34
Tuning in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

This morning my box switched off for ages, I didn't realise but I think it was an update. As usual it's a backwards step, I too have lost access to the separate tuners now. I use that feature every day, it's going to be a real pain!! Why would they do that?? And why can't they admit there's a problem here?! I'm so annoyed, I'm sick of prices going up and the service going down. Smiley Mad

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Craig_D @ModTeam

I believe this is either an unacceptable feature change or a bug introduced by 5.8.1 levels of software. It includes this issue and the missing tuner information from the Info button.

Similar software levels on V6 does not suffer these issues.

Can you please confirm whether this is a bug or a valuable feature removed?

Personally, I believe it is a bug as I don’t see why TiVo would diverge in function from V6.