Menu
dave19611
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

tivo stuck on startup screen

The issue occurred on 03/04/2020. To explain in more detail my tivo box froze up on Friday 03/04/2020 tried restarting the box the starting up logo came on left it for over a hour still on same screen tried phoning you but was directed to web site went on line to contact you cannot report fault service status say it running fine so run test then taken to a page that says There may be an issue or some planned work in your area. First thing to do is check whether we know of any issues in your area which could be affecting your TV using our outage checker click the link then get Oops something broken this is not the page you wont and gives me 3 links that take me bake to the start .

This meant that with me and the kids in the house we are missing all the extra channels plus catch up

In order to resolve my issue I would like you to get it fixed .

0 Kudos
Holla13645
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo stuck on startup screen

Hi David,

Let me get this resolved for you. Can you PM me your account number and site id so I can do some further. Checks.

I am a virginmedia field technician and my advice is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If you think my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some Kudos

Kind regards

Darren

Get 50 pounds of your bill by refering a friend to virgin media

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Jake_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Is the TiVo constantly cycling through the starting up screen and failing to load the Home screen?

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and I'll let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
dave19611
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Account number [REMOVED] Area reference20

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
dave19611
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yes stuck on start up screen

0 Kudos
Bosshogg7
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Firstly apologies for hijacking this post but i am having exactly this problem also

"Is the TiVo constantly cycling through the starting up screen and failing to load the Home screen"

The box has been randomly freezing and jumping around during recorded playback for a while now, often requiring a switch off at the plug to resolve, however on this last occasion it will no longer boot.  If there is a way to fix this, I would be most interested as I don't appear to be able to contact customer services during the current situation either by phone, message or text.

0 Kudos
Nunu
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have turned the power off several times but the problem does not resolve itself. I tried to call but was redirected to the website help link. This took me round in circles with me unable to seek any technical support. There is nowhere to leave a message or get anyone to offer any help to resolve the problem. I understand the call centres are closed but there should be someone to acknowledge if you have a problem and get back to you with a solution at some point. Can anyone help resolve the issue or will I have to wait for new equipment or an engineer whenever we return to normal life.

0 Kudos
mjcluvya
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same here been 2 days now and so far unable to access

any help from Virgin either by landline or internet

I live in South Jesmond area and my internet browsing & emails

are OK suggesting that the fibre optic in the street is OK

.. there have been some offers of help in this community

but my opinion is that a Virgin Engineer is required