Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tivo remote broken

Does anyone know how I can order a new remote when the 'order a new remote' @ virginmedia.com is broken - hasnt been working for the last 4 days and the phone (150 from a virgin phone) support is closed due to covid - after lots of selections I finally get a closed due to covid automated message.  Very poor service -- cannot use the TVcontrol app as the tivo box is too far  from the router to connect via ethernet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo remote broken

Hi stevehc,

To order a new remote you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also sign into My Virgin Media, or click on Check service status further up this page, when the page opens scroll down to the three tabs, broadband, TV and phone.  Click on the TV tab, then my remote isn't working and follow the prompts.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

finally managed to get a human @ virgin media -- only 1hr+ waiting.  New remore on its way.  thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevehc,

Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to see you finally managed to order the replacement remote.

I guess you know a few songs of by heart now after waiting for over an hour on the phone, might come in handy if you do karaoke 🤔

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

unimpressed -- Re: tivo remote broken

didnt get my remote after a weeks wait so phoned again (another hour + wait with the same songs).  Virgin indicated it had been ordered so assumed it got lost and ordered another -- should get it wed/thurs. Very strange since they said it will be delivered by Yodel -- evey other Yodel delivery I have had (tool, coffee companies) has resulted in a parcel tracking entry in their app -- nothing from virgin (very suspicious -- is it even ordered).

Very unimpressed with their service -- lets see if one arrives.  Is this unusual or does everyone have this trouble.  Still cannot get the order to work from the web site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: unimpressed -- Re: tivo remote broken

I'm sorry you haven't received the replacement remote stevehc and I've had a peek at your details using the information we have on here and can see that it was processed on our side.

Can you confirm the TV Box you have that requires the remote so I can try and re-order it again?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos