Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tivo reboot

Hi,

my Tivo box keeps rebooting making it impossible to watch TV, I set various programs to record during the day and when I returned from work I found the box had rebooted so many times that none of my recordings were worth watching now I'm sat watching TV and the box has rebooted 3 times. And to add to that some programs I have recorded over that past few months either pixel or freeze then jump back sections again unwatchable. I went through the fault diagnose sequence and it says there is a fault. Unplugging waiting rebooting then it works fine for about half an hour then fails. I'm paying a lot of money for a service that I'm seriously thinking of cancelling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo reboot

Clearly a fault!!

So call Virgin and report it...  the automated system may "see issues" and try to resolve them. If so, callback 10minutes later and tell the automated system its fixes failed, and you want to speak to an agent.

You either need a replacement box or an engineer visit.

Do you have Virgin broadband, out of interest?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Yes I do and that is working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The reason I asked about VM broadband was because the TiVo, while being perfectly serviceable, is now old hardware and has been superceded by the V6 box. This box is much faster, has 6 recording tuners rather than 3, and is a significant improvement on the TiVo.

The only "issue" is that whereas the TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, the V6 relies on a connection via your Virgin homehub to go online - therefore VM broadband is a requirement. If you've had your current package more than a year, you may be able to renegotiate a newer (potentially cheaper) bundle and get a box-swap to the V6 as part of the deal - assuming you're happy to re-contract for 12/18months.

Of course just getting a fault like-for-like replacement is your option also.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos