Menu
Gemma84
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tivo box stuck on starting up

hi, my TiVo box is stuck on the starting up. It comes on and says starting up and then after a minute it just goes to a blue screen for a minute and then trys to start uo again, its been doing that over and over since Saturday. ive done every thing that ive read on here like resetting the box and had no joy. think I need a new box but cant get through to anyone on the phone.

0 Kudos
melllowtones
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box stuck on starting up

I am having the same issue, though I don’t get the blue screen, just continually says starting up and has done for the last 3 days. 

would be good if someone could come back with some help

0 Kudos
Gemma84
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

im so frustrated! ive been on live chat since 11.30am, finally got through to tech team and they said i needed upgrading to new box so put me through to someone else, waited just over an hour for them to reply and because i couldn't remember a password they said they will send me a letter detailing how to reset it and i wouls receive it in 5 to 7 days! i said are you joking? so im not going to be able to watch my tv for nearly 2 weeks! so they then put me back through to the tech team who have now put me through to the faults team, i could scream lol all i need is someone to either come out and fix this box or replace it! im not bothered about upgrading to the new box i just want to be able to watch my tv that im paying £80 a month for! i understand that there is short staffing due to pandemic but this is a joke! been trying to speak with someone since Saturday. good luck getting your problem fixed. hope you get sorted soon.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gemma84,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your box being stuck on starting up, and you haven't been able to get the help you need yet. 

It sounds like I'll need to get you a tech visit or a replacement box, so I'll pop you a private message now so we can clear security.

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
melllowtones
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, could someone from Virgin Media forum team contact me please.

i am reporting this fault for my elderly mother.

she has no internet and currently her tv is the only contact she has with the outside world.

Thanks

0 Kudos