Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tivo box picture distortion

i have same issue. on two different tivo boxes. Just about all the time but worse evenings I think.  Cables are tight.  Was there an answer emerging here?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box picture distortion

@johnrwood 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread to keep things tidy 🙂

Is your picture breaking up on live TV only? Or also when you use On Demand? How about recorded programmes?

The two types of TV (live vs VOD) are carried to your box differently, so do suggest different faults.

If you have 2 boxes affected, then either you're unlucky to have 2 potentially faulty boxes, or the problem is external. Are your boxes TiVo's or V6? Check here if you're not sure,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. They are Tivo boxes. 

I think the prob is only on live viewing now you point that out.

Does that suggest any further possible actions?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Assuming you mean live TV channels and that you've already restarted your boxes once, that would suggest you probably have a fault with your incoming TV signal - which needs reporting to VM in order for them to (most likely) task an engineer visit.

If both of your boxes are affected, it would suggest you've either been unlucky to have 2 boxes fail - or there's an issue on the common cabling somewhere.

I would recommend you call VM to report your fault, 150 or 0345 4541111.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos